PFLAG Hartford has the following yearly membership dues:
- Student/Limited Income: $10.00
- Household Membership: $40.00
- Individual Membership: $25.00
Please make your check payable to: "PFLAG Hartford" and send it to:
Joan Jansen, Treasurer
12 Colchester Commons
Colchester, CT 06415
For each household member, PFLAG Hartford sends $15.00 to the National PFLAG office.
PFLAG Hartford is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization. We invite you to consider a tax-deductible contribution to our organization and its important mission (checks to be sent to our Treasurer at the address set forth above).
PFLAG Hartford does not share its membership or email lists with any other organization.
Here are some things that your yearly membership makes possible:
- Library - purchase of up-to-date books, pamphlets, videos, audio cassettes, etc.
- Printing & mailing Caring, our bi-monthly newsletter
- Donation to Immanuel Congregational Church for the use of its facilities for monthly meetings
- Helen & Bob Brill Scholarships (presented yearly to active L/G/B/T/I youth or their allies) to help with their continuing education expenses
- Participation in and support of the yearly PRIDE Celebration (table fee, advertisement fee & donation)
- Purchase of pamphlets and other materials to hand out at the yearly PRIDE Celebration, the True Colors Youth Conference, teachers' conferences, counselors' conferences, etc.
- Co-sponsor of True Colors, the largest conference for L/G/B/T/I/Q youth in the country (workshop leadership, information table, advertisement & donation)
- Support for Love Makes a Family (working for marriage equality for same-sex couples) - Donation
- Support of CWEALF (Connecticut Women's Education and Legal Fund), which, among other things, seeks to end gender-based discrimination and conducts an excellent anti-hate crimes program - Donation
- Support of GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network), which works to make schools safe for L/G/B/T/I youth - membership donation
- Support for the Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective (HGLHC), working to improve the health of L/G/B/T/I people - Donation
- Yearly dues ($15 per member) to our National PFLAG organization, which provides critical support for local chapters in a variety of ways, including written education and support materials; videos and audios; online weekly Alerts; advocacy initiatives; regional organization support; and an important voice for all of us in Washington, DC.
- Co-sponsor of Transcending Boundaries Annual Conference (information table and donation).
- Co-sponsor of annual Transgender Day of Remembrance - donation
If you feel that our organization has been helpful to you and your family, we encourage you to become a member and help our PFLAG Hartford Chapter to remain a strong and vital organization.