Thanks for becoming a member!
Through your membership dues and generous donations, we are able to:
• Hold our popular monthly support meetings in Hartford and Manchester
• Award Brill Scholarships to Connecticut students who are involved in LGBTQ advocacy
• Invite diverse speakers to educate our membership
• Advocate for transgender students through presentations to various school districts and conferences
• Support parents during the True Colors Conference at the “PFLAG Spot”
• Enlighten faith communities and businesses though our PFLAG panels
• Maintain an extensive, up-to- date lending library of LGBTQ books DVDs, and other materials
• Reach out to CT communities through “tabling” events around the state
• Educate / reassure families and newcomers to the LGBTQ community through our brochures, booklets, & online resources
• Provide phone support to families, LGBTQ folks, schools, and service providers through our helplines
• Keep you informed of current news and events through our newsletter, Facebook, and website
• Support other organizations serving the LGBTQ community such as: the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective (HGLHC), True Colors, OutFilm CT, and GLAD (LGBT Advocates and Defenders) Connecticut Latinos Achieving Rights & Opportunities (CLARO), & The Connecticut Transadvocacy Coalition (CTAC)
Additionally, your membership to PFLAG Hartford also grants you automatic membership to PFLAG National
PFLAG National is an important voice for all of us in Washington, DC. and provides critical support for local chapters and their members in a variety of ways, including online education, support materials, webinars, email alerts, advocacy initiatives, and regional organizational support!
Haven't become a member yet?
- Click here to download a Membership Application and pay with check
-Or Join through PayPal with button below
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Help Wanted - Leadership Position
PFLAG Hartford is a 100% volunteer organization. Our sucess would not be possible, were it not for the work of our awesome volunteers. We are currently looking for a Secretary / President Elect. This position would require approximately 3 hours a week working with the current President to take over communications
(email, phone inquiries, posting events on Facebook, updating website, and organizing chapter documents on our shared drive) and to prepare to take over as president in October 2017. Presidential duties (3-10 hours a week) build upon the communication duties and include overseeing of the board of directors, communicating with PFLAG personnel in Connecticut, the NorthEast Region, and PFLAG National, and running the monthly board meetings and support groups (or assigning others to!).
If you are interested in volunteering, please click here
for a Volunteering Application form.
If you would like to make any additional donations to help support PFLAG Hartford or our scholarship, the Brill Scholarship, please use the buttons below